H&F Offers a full conversion service where we can convert your existing Aga to eletcicity with this work usually carried out in your kitchen in just one day. We can convert from any existing fuel type, both two and four ovens and Traditional or Deluxe models. We can offer you types of electric conversion:
Aga 9A Electric Conversion: can be always-on whereby your converted Aga can run continuously and work in the same manner as on the previous fuel type. However a one major benefit of this conversion is you have thermostatic control with timer that gives greater control
Control Aga Electric Conversion: With this conversion you can simply turn on, cook and then turn off your converted Aga so it works more like a domestic cooker. However you can use this model for room heat during the day and there's a timer fitted to facilitate this feature.
- H&F Aga Electric Upgrade uses only a 20 amp supply so the electrical preparation work is simple and low-cost
- This upgrade can usually be carried out in your kitchen with little fuss or mess and takes just a few hours
- All H&F technicians are fully trained and all work and parts are fully guaranteed
- You have the option of incorporating remote control from you mobile phone by adding a Climote controller
- If your Aga is looking a little tired or over-used, you can upgrade to electricity as part of our full refurbishment and re-enamelling service
- The H&F electric upgrade is available for both the modern Deluxe and the older Traditional models
If you are a keen cook, you can rest assured that your Aga will cook your food in exactly the same way; your food will still be moist and flavoursome as the gentle cooking heat is transferred to your dishes in the same manner. Although you will notice that your Aga comes up to cooking temperature faster than with oil.
After your H&F Aga Electric Upgrade you will probably notice an improvement in the performance of your Aga and this change could be quite dramatic especially if your wick burner is old or in poor condition. Typically for a two oven model you can expect the following performance with the dial set to #6:
- The top oven will be at roasting temperature
- The bottom oven will be at baking temperature
- The left hot plate will be for boiling or frying
- The right hot plate will be for simmering
- Your Aga will produce approximately plenty room heat
If you have a four oven model you will also have increased performance in the two left hand ovens. They will go from warming to slow cooking temperature.
In preparation for the installation or conversion of your Aga to electric by H&F, you will need to install at least one dedicated electrical supply circuit as specified below. This work must be carried out under the guidelines of the Safe Electric regulations http://www.safeelectric.ie/ and by a registered ECSSA or RECI contractor. The contractor must also provide you with a certificate for the work carried out in your home. The specification of the main supply circuit is:
1. Dedicated 20 Amp, switched supply suitable for a 2.2kW - 9.2 Amp heating element
2. Dedicated 20 Amp MCB circuit breaker at the distribution board
3. Must NOT be a plug socket, must be a permanent wired connection.
4. We recommend a double pole switch rated at 45 Amps with a LED indicator to be placed not more than 2 metres from the appliance. This switch is over-rated to allow for sufficient heat dissipation as the appliance is capable of running 24 hours per day.
5. Cable Specification: 2.5mm² cross-sectional area NYMJ or Twin & Earth
- Turn on, cook turn off
- Independently controlled cooking zones
- Ovens cook using gentle, radiant heat
- Left side ceramic hob for instant cooking
- Right side, large cast hob for traditional Aga cooking
- Can produce ambient room heat during the day
- Electricity usage around 40 units per week in room heat mode
- Requires standard 32A supply just like a regular cooker
- Timer control for room heat function
- Ceramic hob has extender function for larger cookware
- Integral timer on some models
- Top roasting oven
- Bottom baking oven
The H&F Control Aga works just like a regular electic domestic cooker whereby you only need to switch on the zone you want to use; the rest of the cooker remains off so in that respect it's more cost efficient than an always on Aga model. However, the Control Aga can be used for ambient room heat during the day and we fit a timer to the ovens to manage this feature. With the oven control set to the recomended room heat setting of #3 and the timer set for 8 hours of room heat, the electricity usage will be around 40 units per week.
The Control Aga is very responsive and from stone cold you can expect heat up times of:
- 30 seconds - Electric Ceramic Hob
- 10 minutes - Electric Cast Iron Hob
- 40 minutes - Top oven reaches baking temperature
- 55 minutes - Top oven reaches roasting temperature
- 60 minutes - Bottom oven reaches baking temperature
- 2 hours - Ambient room heat begins
Using your Control Aga in room heat mode has the additional benefit of greatly reduced heat up times for the main ovens as compared to a cold start thus speeding up the cooking process.
In preparation for the installation or conversion of your Aga to electric by H&F, you will need to install at dedicated electrical supply circuit as specified below. This work must be carried out under the guidelines of the Safe Electric regulations http://www.safeelectric.ie/ and by a registered ECSSA or RECI contractor. The contractor must also provide you with a certificate for the work carried out in your home.
The electrical specification of the converted cooker:
4 Oven Model: 220-240VAC 50-60Hz – Max. Current: 30.80A
2 Oven Model: 220-240VAC 50-60Hz – Max. Current: 28.08A
The following is the H&F recommendation for the supply circuit for the Control Aga:
- Dedicated 40 Amp MCB circuit breaker at the distribution board
- Do not connect to the RCCB Residual Current Circuit Breaker
- We recommend a double pole switch rated at 45 Amps with a LED indicator to be placed not more than 2 meters from the appliance
- Cable Specification: 10mm² cross-sectional area NYM-J or Twin & Earth
We recommend a double pole isolator switch rated at 45 Amps with a LED indicator to be placed not more than 2 meters from the appliance. This switch is over-rated to allow for sufficient heat dissipation as the appliance is capable of running for prolonged periods.